Monday, February 22, 2010

2 Easy Tips to Improve a Photo

People always ask me for ways to take a better photograph with their point & shoot camera. Here are 2 simple tips I hope will help.
1. Turn off the flash. Compare the below photographs both right out of my camera- the top with flash, and the lower photo the flash has been turned off. This is not a hard and fast rule, but it will almost always give you a different result.
2. Simplify the background. Pick a space that doesn't distract from your subject. Both photos were shot on the same wall, but I just picked a different section that did not include lines.
On a different note, what do YOU want to see on my blog? More photography tips? More recipes? Craft ideas? Music suggestions? Personal stories? Or should I just stick to posting photos from my sessions? :-) Comment and let me know your thoughts! Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...