Thursday, January 5, 2012

Vicky & Tom Trash the Dress

I was so excited when Vicky & Tom decided to do a trash the dress session- especially when her email read "water, paint, mud is cool with me". My heart be still! She didn't want to ruin her real dress, so she wore it only for the first dry & "nondirty" portion of the session, then quickly changed into a dress she had found at a resale boutique just for the shoot. I had sent them several ideas of how to go about "trashing" the dress, and they loved the idea of water and paint, so off we went!

They started in their wedding dress & suit- so sweet!
 Vicky decided to dip her feet in the water.
 Check out the detail on her dress!
 Changed and headed toward the fountain (in 45 degree weather!)
 Freezing but still working the camera!
 At this point there were people hanging out of their cars taking pictures and cheering. One man even came up to them and insisted on shaking their hands, he was so impressed.
 Into the field, a sweet moment while painting.


 I am pretty sure Tom was counting down until this part...
 Don't you love the colors? She looks radiant, it just makes me smile. :-)
 The artist...
 ...his muse.
 This might be one of my favorites, I love bright color but there is something wistful about the muted browns in this b&w.
 Their final works of art!
Thank you, Vicky & Tom, for being so incredible on and off camera. I love love loved getting to shoot with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...