Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday + Whatnot

Today is the first official day of Autumn! Yes, it might be 87 degrees and humid outside, but I refuse to let that hold me down. Fall is by far my favorite season, and there are always things that make me feel like it is finally here.
1. Candy corn- the bright colors and smell of pure high fructose corn syrup somehow makes me feel like I am in elementary school again. There is a lid on this jar for a reason.
2. Pumpkins- I got this wrought iron pumpkin at McKinney trade days for a steal- 2 for $15. I love the look, and there is no smelling a rotting vegetable after a month.
3. Orange and red leaves- No, we don't have the amazing colors that the New England areas get, but I'll take what I can get. The maple tree outside our dining room is changing (maybe more brown than red, but still!)
4. BOOTS!- I wear them almost every day in the Fall. I think my love for boots might go back to when I began horseback riding lessons in first grade and got my first real pair of red cowgirl boots. They were amazing and I loved clomping around the house and barn in them. I still love wearing boots, but (hopefully) I wear them now more gracefully and with less clomping.
5. Baking (and eating) bread- Just a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg, and banana bread smells and tastes oh so fall-ish!
What are things that make you feel like Fall is here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...