Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday + Whatnot

Around here we are gearing up for another big wedding season, with two weddings this coming weekend and many more to follow. I am so excited for everything to pick up again, especially with the warmer weather and trees blossoming everything looks so lovely. It is easy to get inspired by sunlit scenes of green grass and the endless colors of flowers blooming. There are so many things that inspire me:
  • Changing seasons in nature, from the bright greens in spring to the linear simplified shapes of winter - God did a darn good job!
  • Fashion - whether it is an actual clothing piece or an amazing ad seen while flipping through a fashion magazine, I can almost always find a springboard to work from.
  • Other photographers. C'mon, let's be honest and say that most of us have certain photographers that we can't help but ooh and ahh over their latest work. The fact that there is always something new and a rule that was (successfully) broken is inspiring in and of itself.
  • Stores & boutiques - just walking around in Anthropologie makes me happy. The colors, the textures, the use of seemingly random objects brought together so elegantly that it takes your breath away. *Sigh*
  • Vintage or antique anything. Okay, maybe not anything, some of those old dolls give me more nightmares than inspiration. But the drawings in old books and maps, vintage glass bottles, the shoes that were my grandmothers, funky old chairs - these help me view things differently. Just walking around an antique mall for an hour will most likely give me loads of ideas.
  • Movies. I love movies, I know, who doesn't? But there are some that really get me to thinking about how they were shot and the angles that were used. Scenes like the end of Pride & Prejudice (the new version) with the forehead lean backlit by the sunrise. Haven't seen it? Do it. Now. :-)
  • Paint swatches- the options of colors are endless and are a great way to figure out color combinations I want to try and shoot.
What are sources that inspire your creativity?
Building located in the old fort in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...