Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday + Whatnot

So it’s been a while since my last Wednesday & Whatnot, but I thought I would share some more of the stuff I like.
  1. Peppermint Mocha Coffee-mate Creamer- So good in the morning and with decaf in the evening. I love mint flavored stuff!
  2. The Hunger Games books- If you have not read them yet, you MUST. They are so good, you think about them while you aren’t reading them. Great character development and an original plot. Plus they are going to be making the movies so you need to read them beforehand. I can’t share much more because I don’t want to give anything away!
  3. Nivea Soft Moisturizing Crème- amazing moisture for the dryer season- smells super fresh and makes me feel glowy. It reminds me of when I was little and my mom came upstairs to kiss me goodnight- she always smelled like this stuff.
  4. Little yellow wooden bird- Brian bought it for me on our honeymoon while we were in Jamaica. It sits on the top of our kitchen cabinets and makes me smile. I have many more bird things around the house that I will continue to share (remember the bird tray?).
  5. Hanover China that was my great grandparents- I can’t wait to host a Christmas at our house and use it. For now it is displayed in the hutch my grandfather made.
  6. Baking soda & vinegar- No, not for making a volcano in science class. ☺ This is a super cheap method to make your hair squeaky clean. Mix a palmfull of baking soda with your shampoo and wash and rinse hair as usual. Then pour half a cup of vinegar in a pitcher or large cup and slowly pour over your hair (be sure to douse your roots well!) Rinse hair again with water. The effect lasts for days. My mom showed my sister and I how to do this when we were little and dubbed it “the salad wash” because it smells like a vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...